Looking for a 5 star August vacation in the UK for a family of 2 or 4 persons?
We still have some availability in September in The Farmhouse
Travel questions answered
- Looking for a luxury self-catering cottage in Wales to relax in the lovely Welsh countryside?
- Try one of the above holiday cottages in Carmarthenshire offering stunning views to the Brecon Beacons, peace, quiet and seclusion.
- Is the availability calendar up to date? At a Glance Availability
- All our bookings are made online and every reservation is automatically placed on the calendar so if its showing as vacant then go ahead and enter your details into the property of your choice.
- What are your Welsh cottages really like?
- The cottages are first class with top of the range furniture, bedding and fixtures. We strive to provide the best of everything. The inspector from the Welsh tourist association stated that in his opinion they are in the top three places to stay in the whole of Wales.
- I want to stay in a cottage that is really clean, can you help.
- Having travelled extensively, we know how important cleanliness is to our guests. Our housekeeper endeavours to do a first rate job so rest assured they are spotless.
- Are there any hidden extras?
- Prices are inclusive of freshly laundered linens and towels, standard cleaning, logs for the fire, heating and hot water are all included.
- What is there to do during our stay?
- This is an outstandingly beautiful area of Wales, perfect for endless walks, cycling, horse riding or just relaxing and enjoying the view. Admire a spectacular series of waterfalls, shop in nearby country towns, take steam train ride or go down to the sandy beaches. Day trips can encompass the vibrant city of Cardiff or the dramatic coastline of Carmarthenshire or neighbouring Pembrokeshire.
- What is on the Estate?
- Bwlch Tre Banau (pronounced Bulk Tre Ban I) translated from Welsh, means “Gap Through the Hills”. Is a working farm so you might see lambs, sheep, chickens, ducks and geese in the fields and our lovely fluffy white rabbits running around freely. Wildlife abounds and you will see plenty of red kites, buzzards and hawks in the skies. If the chickens are laying then you will have some really fresh eggs left on your doorstep and we guarantee they will be the best you ever tasted. We will also give you fresh strawberries and raspberries when in season. See Life on the Estate
- Is there any fishing?
- We are close to some of the best river fishing in the UK or you can take the children to the local fish farm for a spot of fun.
- Are there any good places to eat?
- We provide a list of our favourite places to eat ranging from the local pub up to a fine dining experience. However, some of our guests best memories are of picnics on top of the hill behind their cottages and barbeques on the terrace right outside their own front door. Welsh lamb, Welsh black beef, a crispy salad and some crusty bread – simple and delicious. See our Resturant page
- What towns are nearby and what do they offer?
- Nearby settlements include the friendly Wales country towns of Llandovery, Llandeilo and Lampeter with their eclectic mix of restaurants, shops galleries and pubs and the tiny picturesque village of Cilycwm with its excellent inn. Nearby Towns
- What attractions are near to the cottages?
- Attractions to explore are country parks, a Roman gold mine, a series of spectacular waterfalls, historic houses and castles. The Brecon Beacons, a bird sanctuary and a red kite feeding station. Visit Wales only distillery high in the Beacons or walk directly under a waterfall.
- I am looking for a clean, fresh 5-star pet-friendly cottage?
- As most 5 star hotels and establishments, we do allow pets in our cottages because they all have solid hardwood oak floors that are easy to keep fresh and clean so you don’t have to leave a much-loved member of the family behind.
- Do you provide any other cottages in a different area.
- Yes, we have two very special rentals located in Torquay known as the English Rivera. Both are direct seafront with private steps leading down to the waters edge. Please see torquay.uk.com