Our cottages are consistently winning 5 star guest reviews. Why not treat yourself to a fabulous getaway to this gorgeous country estate and enjoy your own lovely comfortable country cottage. Spring is on its way, daffodils and purpose crocus line the drive, the birds are singing – it is the perfect time of year to witness nature springing to life here in this outstandingly beautiful area of Wales. Explore the countryside of the exclusive Bwlch Tre Banau Estate and spend your evenings in superb luxury with limitless hot water, central heating, large flat screen TV in the living room, TVs in all rooms. Spotlessly clean, hugely comfortable beds, plenty of freshly laundered fluffy white towels. High speed broadband to keep in touch with business, family or friends. Relax in front of a roaring fire in your wood burner in the evenings, just perfect!
Tel 033 3303 4262 (Local Rates)
Travel questions answered
- Looking for a luxury self-catering cottage in Wales to relax in the lovely Welsh countryside?
- Try one of our holiday cottages in Carmarthenshire offering stunning views to the Brecon Beacons, peace, quiet and seclusion.
- Is the availability calendar up to date? At a Glance Availability
- All our bookings are made online and every reservation is automatically placed on the calendar so if its showing as vacant then go ahead and enter your details into the property of your choice.
- What are your Welsh cottages really like?
- The cottages are first class with top of the range furniture, bedding and fixtures. We strive to provide the best of everything. During the last visit from the tourist association the inspector stated that in his opinion they are in the top three places to stay in the whole of Wales.
- I want to stay in a cottage that is really clean, can you help.
- Having travelled extensively, we know how important cleanliness is to our guests. Our housekeeper endeavours to do a first rate job so rest assured they are spotless.
- Are there any hidden extras?
- Prices are inclusive of freshly laundered linens and towels, standard cleaning, logs for the fire, heating and hot water are all included.
- What is there to do during our stay?
- This is an outstandingly beautiful area of Wales, perfect for endless walks, cycling, horse riding or just relaxing and enjoying the view. Admire a spectacular series of waterfalls, shop in nearby country towns, take a steam train ride or go down to the sandy beaches. Day trips can encompass the vibrant city of Cardiff or the dramatic coastline of Carmarthenshire or neighbouring Pembrokeshire.
- What is on the Estate?
- Bwlch Tre Banau (pronounced Bulk Tre Ban I) translated from Welsh, means “Gap Through the Hills”. Here you might see lambs, sheep, chickens, ducks and geese in the fields. Wildlife abounds and you will see plenty of red kites, buzzards and hawks in the skies. If the chickens are laying then you will have some really fresh eggs left on your doorstep and we guarantee they will be the best you ever tasted. We will also give you fresh strawberries and raspberries when in season. See Life on the Estate
- Is there any fishing?
- We are close to some of the best river fishing in the UK or you can take the children to the local fish farm for a spot of fun. Carmarthenshire is a haven for fishing with the sea on both coasts and many superb fishing rivers, lakes and ponds.
- Are there any good places to eat?
- We provide a list of our favorite places to eat ranging from the local pub up to a fine dining experience. However, some of our guests best memories are of picnics on top of the hill behind their cottages and barbeques on the terrace right outside their own front door. Welsh lamb, Welsh black beef, a crispy salad and some crusty bread – simple and delicious. See our Resturant page
- What towns are nearby and what do they offer?
- Nearby settlements include the friendly Wales country towns of Llandovery, Llandeilo and Lampeter with their eclectic mix of restaurants, shops galleries and pubs and the tiny picturesque village of Cilycwm with its excellent inn. Nearby Towns
- What attractions are near to the cottages?
- Attractions to explore are country parks, a Roman gold mine, a series of spectacular waterfalls, historic houses and castles. The Brecon Beacons, a bird sanctuary, and a red kite feeding station. Visit Wales only distillery high in the Beacons or walk directly under a waterfall.
- I am looking for a superb quality, clean, fresh pet-friendly cottage?
- As most top of the range quality hotels and establishments, we do allow pets in our cottages because they all have solid hardwood oak floors that are easy to keep fresh and clean so you don’t have to leave a much-loved member of the family behind.
- Do you provide any other cottages in a different area?
- Yes, we have two very special rentals located in Torquay known as the English Rivera. Both are direct seafront with private steps leading down to the water’s edge. Please see torquay.uk.com